nigelbleddfa

nigelbleddfa

Friday 19 March 2010

Day27 - Inquest and Plan




I was quite happy with my Cheltenham meeting yesterday although I made a loss. Cheltenham is to be enjoyed winning or losing. I am delighted to be able to enter the final day with my bank intact.

Encouraged by other members of Geek's Forum I had a go at trading greyhounds but was greedy and placed bets which were far too high in two races and ended up losing. My mistakes have been pointed out to me by Mr ScumbagTrader and I'll definitely try again now I know where I went wrong yesterday.

Nobody could have failed to win in the Over 2.5 goals market yesterday as the goals flew in everywhere. I greened after the first goal in every game. I would have won far more if I'd allowed all the bets to run but that's the way it goes. If they had all ended up 1 - 0 I would be sick.

My cheeky bet was on Wolfsburg scoring the first goal in extra time. I did it because they had home advantage. Very good reason, very sensible, but why did they wait unti the last minute of the second period to score ?

I'll be doing my usual Heinz bet today in the hope of hitting the jackpot and trading the individual horses in running.
My selections are :

Westlin' Winds
European Dream
The Betchworth Kid
Trust Fund
Clova Island
Beggars Cap

The seventh race is the Gold Cup and I will just do a single bet on Imperial Commander.

I might do the Overs in the televised Bundesliga game tonight, FC Koln v Munchengladbach, but I have no strong views and may sit out waiting for better football and rugby prospects over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment