nigelbleddfa

nigelbleddfa

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Day 4


I couldn't understand why the odds for Over 2.5 goals were as high as they were before kickoff. The game had some chances in the early stages but was far from scintillating. Nevertheless, the back price increased very quickly. This is what I call "layer bullying". People attempt to control the market by asking for prices which are unreasonable given the actual state of the game. One has three alternatives. Let the existing bet ride, "chase the bet" by placing another price at what is believed to be a false higher price, or allow oneself to be "bullied" by the laying bastards and take a big loss.

My temperament doesn't allow me to be bullied and, in view of the fact, that I thought that the price available was too high, I placed another £10 bet at the prevailing higher odds. The price continued to race out and had reached 7.2 just before half time as the first goal was scored. I knew that I would not be watching the second half and "greened" with a small profit.

My usual tactic would be to let the game run until either my potential profit hit zero, when I would green to recover my stake, or until another goal was scored. If another goal was scored I would repeat the process running down the revised profit in the hope of a third goal, but ensuring that my initial stake was not lost.

I am conscious of the fact that my bets are now open to more scrutiny than before but only "greened" because I would not be seeing the game for myself. I am not afraid to lose some times.

No comments:

Post a Comment